1. ENERGY EFFICIENCY AND ENVIRONMENT
– Thermal efficiency: COLORBOND® roofing will make your home more energy efficient. Every colour (except Night Sky®) in the standard COLORBOND® steel range features Thermatech® solar reflectance technology. This technology is designed to reflect more of the sun’s heat on hot days, therefore you will use your air-conditioning less, it also decreases heat stress for your roof. Making COLORBOND® roofing a great choice for your home, wallet and the planet.
– Sustainable Performance: It is becoming more and more important to not only select products that work well but are also kind to our planet. COLORBOND® roofing not only provides you with an exceptional product, it also has sustainable performance, thus its long lifespan will conserve resources and energy required for products with shorter life spans. COLORBOND® steel contains recycled content and is 100% recyclable, and due to COLORBOND® steel being a lightweight material it is more economical to transport and install. Not only is COLORBOND® steel strong and attractive it is also a responsible choice for your future and our planet.
2. TESTED IN AUSTRALIAN CONDITIONS
Australia’s weather conditions vary from extremes of heat and cold, to dust, rain, wind and hail. COLORBOND® steel undergoes corrosion testing, durability testing, application testing and outdoor exposure testing. When you select COLORBOND® steel for your roof, you can rest easy knowing that it will withstand the harsh weather condition this great country will throw at it.
3. FIVE LAYERS OF PROTECTION
Manufactured in Australia to Australian Standards (AS1397 and AS/NZS 2728) and tested in some of the harshest Australian conditions over the last 50 years, genuine COLORBOND® steel is far more than just ‘paint on steel’.
- The steel base is manufactured to meet relevant Australian Standards, ensuring strict adherence to the required grade and strength.
- The base is then coated in BlueScope’s industry leading metallic coating incorporating Activate® technology*, to provide enhanced corrosion resistance.
- A thin pretreatment layer is applied to optimise the adhesion of further coatings.
- A corrosion inhibitive primer is baked onto the surface.
- A topcoat of specially developed, exterior grade paint is baked on to provide resistance to chipping, flaking and blistering and to ensure the finish retains its look for longer.
4. FIRE PROTECTION
Whether you live, or are planning to build in a bushfire prone area, or simply want to increase the bushfire protection afforded to your home, COLORBOND® steel may help protect your property. because of its non-combustibility. Using COLORBOND® steel just adds another level of safety to protect your family.
5. EASY TO MAINTAIN
To protect your asset simply wash the COLORBOND® steel with clean, fresh water. Areas such as the roof where the paint finish is naturally washed by rainwater do not require this. However, the areas that don’t get exposed to rain water such as wall cladding under eaves require some maintenance. Simply give them a wash with the hose every 6 months, especially if you live near the ocean. It is also important to ensure that there is no build-up of debris, such as soil and mulch against COLORBOND® steel products.
Signature Roofing and Guttering are approved Colorbond® steel installers and only use this Australian Made roofing product. For more information or to chat with the team about your reroofing plans contact us on (07) 5471 6332 or via our contact page.